CAD Rail Industries is a Quebec company, in activity for more than 60 years, specializing in the repair, conversion and reconditioning of rolling railway equipment (wagons and locomotives of all kinds) which has workshops and offices in Montreal (Lachine sector ) and in Alberta (under the Caltrax banner).
Over the years, our mission has become clearer in order to become a responsible company which seeks in particular to repair and extend the life of equipment for which our customers entrust us with the work or, in several situations, to modernize it and literally give it a 2nd life.
In their projects, our teams therefore see to the design of equipment that will meet the needs of these same customers who work as much on the merchandise side as on the passenger side.
YOUR ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Mainly, you will have to:
- Contribute to maintaining and improving a safe work environment;
- Plan, budget, supervise preventive / corrective maintenance, equipment or material purchases and repairs required for all building systems, components and equipment in accordance with applicable codes, laws and regulations;
- Implement and manage the plant maintenance program according to current best practices, with an emphasis on preventive maintenance planning to improve reliability of;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the systems (heating, air conditioning, ventilation, generator, gas, electricity, etc.);
- Organize inspections (maintenance schedule) and analyze the operation of the equipment in order to find solutions if necessary;
- Set up and monitor KPIs;
Prepare CAPEX according to company policies;
- Coordinate specifications of plans / drawings, requirements for proposals, contracts and associated documents;
- Supervise, direct the maintenance staff;
- Supervise, control and coordinate the work of subcontractors or external suppliers in accordance with established standards and carry out follow-ups on them;
- Ensure the maintenance in good order of mechanical and electrical rooms, workshops, warehouses and other premises of the establishments;
- 10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Good general mechanical knowledge and building maintenance;
- Ability to read and understand drawings and plans;
- Good ability with cost, estimate, budget, ROI, ‘Capital expenditure’ analyzes;
- Have a very good command of French & English, both orally and in writing;
- Have a good knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Available to travel as needed (but not exceeding 5% of the time);
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
You are a candidate who is clearly fit to 'get on the CAD train' if you:
- Have excellent problem solving skills;
- Are organized, autonomous and methodical;
- Love juggling several files, of different natures and varied complexity;
- Have excellent judgment;
- Are an excellent communicator, clear and concise, both orally and in writing
Able to live with the pressure of such a position and to set priorities;
- Love teamwork and hope to join a great team!
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.Apply