Project Manager - Engineering
Specialized in propulsion system conversion, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for an Engineering Project Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle under his responsibility. He will also be fully responsible for the management of project activities and results.
As main responsibility, the candidate will have to take charge and deliver the projects that will be allocated to him. As a secondary responsibility, the latter will have to coordinate the technical resources required for the execution of his project, both within the engineering department and the consultants.
Roles and responsibilities
- Define the scope of its projects, set up and monitor the schedule, budget and project objectives;
- With the help of his superior, identify the appropriate resources needed and establish schedules to ensure that the tasks within the projects are completed on time;
- Ensure the commitment of the project team to the established schedule and communicate the important points to the team (ex: client expectations, main phases, expected results);
- Monitor and regularly communicate the status of the project to all stakeholders;
- Work closely with operations staff, consultants and other staff to ensure project deliverables are completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identify, communicate and manage risks, approach problems constructively and with maturity;
- Maintain client confidence in our ability to achieve project objectives in the best possible way by demonstrating control of the project, presenting a clear and honest picture of project progress, working with the project manager to obtain Customer involvement and support to make any necessary changes or adjustments.
- Degree in mechanical engineering (Other related university degrees will be considered if the experience is relevant);
- Member of OIQ;
- Bilingualism (French/English);
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in multidisciplinary and complex project management;
- Good knowledge of drawing software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor) would be an asset;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, establishing good interpersonal relationships and fostering the development of high-performing teams.
- Experience in the railway sector would be an asset;
- The candidate must have strong skills at the field work level (hands on) and at the level of work supervision.
Personal qualities required
- Team spirit;
- Intellectual curiosity/creativity/innovation;
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous;
- Strong communication skills;
- Commitment and loyalty;
- Analytical and motivated.
The masculine credits are used in this text solely for the purpose of simplifying the form and facilitating its reading.Apply