Head of Service - Electrical Engineering
Working under the Engineering Director, in close collaboration with production in order to properly define the methods, concepts and materials for the various electrical engineering projects of the entire team. Provide technical support to the various departments of the company in order to carry out the various projects.
Role and responsibilities;
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the members of the electrical engineering team (engineers, technicians and draftsmen)
- Lead brainstorming sessions and training as needed.
- Manage priorities according to the deadlines of the various departments.
- Suggest new ways of doing things in order to improve the methodology and design (simultaneous engineering).
- Support daily production (Define parts and working methods).
- Ensure the link between engineering and the various departments (Database updating).
- Improvement of manufacturing processes (Creation of work templates. Search for new work tools. Definition of material flow)
- Testing and prototyping (Testing new components (FAI).
- Support the supply department (meeting with supplier).
- Improvement of working methods (Tools, methods, procedures)
- All other related tasks.
The minimum qualities required to do the job well include:
- Staff management
- Problems solving
- Priority management
- Team spirit.
- Love everyday challenges.
- Love being on the production floor
- Autonomy and dynamism
- Good knowledge of French as well as written and spoken English.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical design and manufacturing process
- Project management experience
- Experience in personnel management
- Relevant experience in the railway industry an asset
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Specialized knowledge: Office Suite, 2D, 3D modeling software,
- Knowledge of how an ERP system works