WELDER / FITTER
CAD Railway Industries is a company in growth progression and specialized on remanufacturing and repair of locomotive and railcar (rolling stock). We are seeking motivated persons, passionate, careful, precision and positive to fulfill our job position of welder/fitter.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan the work to be done;
- Obtain the information and material required to carry out the work;
- Preparing parts or equipment in order to make the welding and assembly;
- Read and interpret welding plans or instructions;
- Use manual or semi-automatic devices;
- Weld the different parts or equipment according to the required processes;
- Check the quality of the cuts and the size of the pieces;
- Complete the production sheets;
- Put away equipment and clean the work area;
- Perform any other task required by Operations.
- Hold a professional study diploma (DEP) in welding; or pertinent experience
- Have relevant experience in welding and pass the welding in a vocational training center;
- 5 years experience with TIG & MIG (ALUMINUM, STAINLESS, STEEL)
- Be able to read and understand procedures in English.
Skills and competences
- Ability to read blueprints and do basic calculations;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Be flexible about the tasks to be accomplished;
- Have a good physical condition and able to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust and odors;
- Be available to work various day shifts (no weekends);
- Be motivated to learn and develop your skills.