A company specializing in the repair and overhaul of locomotives and railcars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for motivated, passionate, meticulous and positive people to fill an Electrician position.
Roles and responsibilities
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, plans and prescriptions to determine the location of electrical equipment;
- Install, check, replace and repair electrical cables, outlets, switch boxes, conduits, arteries, fiber optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other components;
- Perform tests of electrical and electronic equipment and components to verify continuity, current, voltage and resistance;
- Maintain, repair, install and test breaking devices, transformers, distribution panel meters, regulators and reactors;
- Maintain, repair, install and test electric motors, generators, alternators, industrial accumulator batteries, and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems;
- Complete the production sheets;
- Perform any other task required by Operations.
- DEP in maintenance or construction electricity;
- Ability to read procedures in English;
- Have a good physical condition;
- To be able to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust, odors, closed places and at height.
- Experience in a railway environment, an asset.
Skills and competences :
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and have good priority management;
- Flexibility in the tasks to be accomplished;
- Functional use of English, spoken and read.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.