Mechanical designer / draftsman
Specialized in the conversion of propulsion systems, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Railway Industries is currently looking for a mechanical designer / draftsman.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and prepare 2D / 3D engineering models and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specifications and other data;
- Operate computer-aided design and drawing positions (CAO/DAO);
- Participate in the design of the control logic according to the guidelines provided by the design engineers;
- Check the drawings so that they comply with specifications and data;
- Follow the implementation and revise it if necessary according to the assembly on site;
- Participate in validation tests.
- Hold a DEC in mechanical engineering or a any other combination of study and experience;
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Have a good command of Autocad or Solidwork;
- Be able to read technical plans;
- Have industrial experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of the railway industry (an asset).
Skills and competences
- Good sense of organization, autonomy, attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities;
- Attention to detail, precision, analytical skills, autonomy and good interpersonal skills;
- Good command of French and English, both oral and written.