A dynamic locomotive and railcar repair and refurbishment company, we are currently looking for motivated, passionate, meticulous and positive people to fill the position of project planner.
- Create, update and maintain schedule data to ensure project consistency and optimization;
- Create formal communication plan to both team members and management;
- Frequently will be assigned as team leader; having indirect responsibility for team members’ completion of tasks to project plan;
- Ensure contractors provide resource loaded schedules at determined intervals to make sure construction is being completed on time and within budget;
- Create and maintain project financial justification;
- Support the use/integration of project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business;
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including scope of works & tender/contract preparation, and correspondence;
- Recognize and understand competing business requirements and make recommendations for the overall good of the projects team;
- Perform project progress monitoring duties including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved to date;
- Assist the Project Manager with evaluating schedule impacts; Meet all established project deadlines.
- 1st Cycle certificate in Operation Management or Equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years-experience in planning and scheduling;
- Experience in railways project;
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests;
- Understanding of SAP, Ellipse, or similar work management systems;
- Well-developed computer literacy specifically including: MS Office suite, MS Project (Gantt charts);
- Good organizational skills;
- Fluent French and English.