Customer Service Representative
CAD Railway Industries is a company in growth progression and specialized on remanufacturing and repair of locomotive and railcar (rolling stock). We are seeking motivated persons, passionate, careful, precision and positive to fulfill our job position Customer Service Representative.
- Serve as the primary customer contact, answering customer questions and requests related to services on railcar maintenance.
- Serve as a customer advocate while participating in internal status reviews
- Own and resolve customer account issues to complete resolution
- Set up car file;
- When enroute notification received, create car file
- Car file includes Alerts from Railinc, mechanical data from shopping instructions, shop records, SDS (provided by Production Scheduler or customer), cleaning certificate, drawings, and any procedures or programs.
- Enter enroute cars to Car Flow Management Software (RailcarRX) with bad order reason, commodity, customer, and currency.
- Review and update Railinc (DDCT) with updates on completed repairs, arrivals, and close alerts.
- Create estimate from Inspector write up, upload for approval.
- Upload estimates into customer invoicing systems (e.g., TAS (Trinity), RAS DATA (CP, CIT))
- Email estimates to the balance of customers. Follow up on estimates that are not accepted within the following day by phone. Will amend estimate to ensure acceptance.
- When estimate approval received, create work order which includes;
- Work order from Car Flow Management System (RailcarRX)
- Head sheet including estimated hours, decal specifications, etc.
- Underframe inspection sheet, highlight specific details for shop floor
- Wheel report if required
- Procedures, programs and necessary car owner forms based on checklist from QA.
- Inspection report
- Estimate and work order review & sign-off prior to giving to Production Scheduler
- Gather relevant information to order decals and material as specified by the approved estimates.
- Change status in Car Flow Management System to “waiting approval”, give work order to Production Scheduler.
- Create and provide status reports for car owners.
- Update repair dates in Car Flow Management System when repairs are completed, and report airbrake tests (SCABT).
- Add supplements to work order.
- Complete and upload final estimates.
- Review completed car files to ensure car owner checklists / forms are properly filled out and signed, (necessary for audit purposes). Enter all car owner specific information into car owner systems (Trinity, Procor, GATX)
- Monitor and update car owner systems for ERD (Estimated Release Date), request disposition.
- After cost analysis, send final estimate through various systems and email.
- Communicate final approval to Accounts Receivable.
- Maintain current MSDS information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
- Good communication, both internally and externally.
- Excellent computer skills to be able to handle multiple online systems and requirements.
- Ability to develop and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly railcar status reports for customers.
- Understanding of AAR job codes for BRC data entry