Purchasing & Procurement, Inventory & Logistics Manager
Specializing in the repair and overhaul of locomotives and wagons, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a Purchasing & Procurement, Inventory & Logistics Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and enhance metrics in response to corporate requirements. Maintain an adequate and efficient workforce to ensure operations are performed in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Develop implements and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems;
- Review materials related data analyses.
Purchasing and Procurement :
- Organizational, procedural and process responsibility ; Adapt and implements efficient forms of organization, procedures and process to ensure rationalization potential, to optimize productivity, and to meet safety requirements, taking operational effects into account; plans, optimizes and controls the results from purchasing to increase the profit in the area of responsibility.
- Benchmarking in purchasing; Actively benchmark purchasing-related procedures and figures to derive approaches for continuous improvement by making (best practice) comparisons, and to implement these by means of appropriate measures.
- Identify and ensure strategic support between production, quality and sales while controlling costs, inventory, purchasing and procurement.
- Strategy development and implementation; Initiate and implement specifics cost reduction programs. Define innovative purchasing strategies and gearing purchasing processes towards strategic objectives strategies to organize the business successfully.
- Planning and controlling; supervise the team and the individual’s objectives (target/actual) from corporate objectives under the anticipated market situations to measure, report, control and (where necessary) to give coaching in the overall results.
- Material group management / Supplier management / Pooling of demand; Purchasing/Procurement market analyses, Global sourcing, material group/supplier strategies. Supplier selection, evaluation, derivation of supplier (reactive and proactive) development activities. Initiation and control of demand pooling
- Commercial responsibility ; Carry commercial tasks, in particular ensuring that the ordering procedure is conducted within applicable laws and regulations to ensure economic success and efficient operation
- Risk management and environmental protection in purchasing ; Assess particular risks and market conditions in the course of business to avoid possible damage or prevent problems by means of appropriate proactive measures
- Prepare, approve and issue purchase orders and change notices through subordinates.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Ensure continuity of raw material supply to support production schedules and balance with achieving inventory level targets.
- Analyze inventory levels. Support process to manage excess and obsolete material.
- Monitor on-time supplier deliveries, inventory turns, System Plan execution, PPV, lead-time reduction, supplier performance and cost analysis.
- May negotiate major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
- Develop and implement accurate controls and procedures to properly account for the inventory: cycle count operations and physical inventory counts
- Analyze, explain and correct inventory count discrepancies.
- Coordinate personnel requirements for periodic physical inventories.
- Analyze excess inventory and triggers negotiations with suppliers and/or customer to reduce excess and obsolete material.
- Dispose of excess and obsolete materials.
- Administer warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA regulations.
- Plan and direct the daily activities of the distribution function, including: shipping, receiving, inventory control.
- Generate warehouse productivity reports, in regard to selection rates, receiving rates and accounts for all labor hours. Adhere to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and goals.
- Maintain accurate material availability to meet production schedules and/or ensure products are shipped per customer requirements. Ensure the timely delivery of materials at the most economical cost, consistent with quality standards, affecting quality by assuring that suspicious material is identified and that material is handled, stored and delivered properly.
- Ensure materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, and packaged according to specification.
- Participate, coordinate and provide information and recommendations on various programs or projects, e.g. work simplifications, cost reductions, job training, storage area layout, plant material move routes and procedures, wage administration, communication, etc.
- Recommend equipment requirements and replacements in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs.
- Provide for the proper receiving documentation of raw materials.
- Provide for the proper shipping and documentation of finished goods.
- Bachelor degree in operations management, administration, or supply chain management. Relevant MBA will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, including a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role, head of departement or director
- Experience in industrial sector would be a strong asset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit demonstrated in successful assignments.
- Proficiency in integrated management systems and know-how of new technologies.
- Fluency in French and English both written and oral.
Skills and competences
- Proficiency of the O365 Suite.
- Sense of organization, planning and great ability to manage priorities.
- Excellent ability to manage stress and work in emergency mode.
- Strong ability to work in a team.
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously.
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and managing supplier contracts / agreements.