Director of procurement and inventory management
Specializing in the repair and overhaul of locomotives and wagons, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a Director of procurement and inventory management.
The purpose of the position
The incumbent will have both strategic and tactical scope. For the Procurement and Inventory Management sectors, he will have to identify and optimize mechanisms and processes for improving:
- the efficiency and performance (particularly in terms of costs and deadlines) of the activities carried out by the employees of its department
- the integrity of the data of its services
While drawing on industry best practices, he will have to, through global or local initiatives, ensure that risks to the organization are minimized and that contract/agreement negotiation strategies are both aggressive but comply with requirements of all kinds.
Your role and responsabilities
Mainly, you will have to :
- Manage the team under your charge, namely 5 buyers and 1 logistics manager, as well as manage performance, both global and individual, via the organizational mechanisms in place;
- Plan, optimize and control strategies and processes at the purchasing & procurement level in order to maximize the profitability of the various contracts and, by extension, of the company;
- Analyze the performance (via key performance indicators that may need to be reviewed) of currently concluded supplier & contract agreements and take action with those that may not meet expectations;
- Formulate recommendations on various programs or projects, for example, work simplifications, cost reduction, professional training, development of storage areas, implementation of technological / IT tools – always with a view to improving efficiency;
- Get personally involved in larger contracts and negotiations as well as coach your team for the same purposes;
- Ensure continuity of raw material supply to support (demanding) production schedules;
- Work in concert with the various departments (Production, Quality and Sales in particular) to ensure the efficiency of the procurement process from negotiation to after-sales service. Monitor compliance with supplier delivery times, inventory turnover, system plan execution, PPV, time reduction, and cost analysis;
- Plan and direct the day-to-day activities of the distribution function, including shipping, receiving, inventory control;
- Develop and implement controls and procedures to adequately address inventory: cycle count operations and physical inventory counts;
But also to :
- Review, develop, update and implement policies, procedures and materiel control systems;
- Ensure that the processes in place are in place to ensure the accuracy of inventory data analyses at all times;
- Analyze excess inventory and trigger negotiations with suppliers and/or customers to reduce excess and obsolescence of materials;
- Ensure the comparative analysis of purchases: actively compare procedures and figures related to purchasing to deduce approaches for continuous improvement and implementation of best practices in its field of expertise;
- Determine mechanisms to dispose of parts, raw materials and/or materials that are surplus and obsolete or that can no longer meet the needs of our customers;
- Manage complaints that may arise from non-respected contractual agreements – on both sides;
- Provide any analysis requested by Operations and/or General Management;
- Analyze inventory levels, explain and correct discrepancies between inventory accounts, and coordinate staffing requirements for periodic physical inventories.
Our must-haves :
- Hold a bachelor's degree in operations management, administration, or supply chain management;
- Have 5 to 7 years of experience in procurement, purchasing and/or inventory management, particularly in the implementation and optimization of processes and procedures;
- Have had increasing responsibilities over the years;
- Have experience in negotiating, drafting and managing contracts/supplier agreements, often international;
- Have excellent communication skills and an impeccable sense of ethics;
- Be bilingual (French / English), both orally and in writing;
- Have a good knowledge of the MS Office suite and above all, an in-depth knowledge of Excel.
Will be considered as assets :
- Have 2 years of experience in the direct management of a team;
- Have experience in the industrial sector or in so-called 'heavy' industries (transport, heavy machinery, industrial manufacturing).
Skills and competences
You are a candidate able to 'board the CAD train' if you:
- Are organized, autonomous and methodical;
- Love juggling several files of very varied complexity;
- Have excellent judgment;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and excel in tight negotiation contexts;
- Are an excellent communicator, clear and concise, both orally and in writing;
- Able to live with the pressure of such a position;
- Love teamwork and hope to join a great team!
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening its form and making it easier to read.Apply