Quality / operations assistant
Specialized in propulsion system conversion, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Railway Industries (CadRI) is currently looking for a Quality / Operations Assistant.
Roles and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the quality manager, act as support to the operations as a documentation agent and support project managers and the operations manager.
- Note taking and drafting of minutes (English and French versions) of weekly and monthly meetings with the project manager;
- Collect, verify and assemble all the technical documentation for the development of the History Book of all CadRI projects (VIA, DART and Locomotives);
- Follow up and re-launch missing documents (ITP) with inspectors as well as with production;
- Contact the suppliers in order to retrieve the certificates relating to the products installed in the wagons or locomotives;
- Scan, classify and send final History Book to clients;
- Update the forms and procedures in the intranet and monitor and revise the forms and procedures relating to the departments (Quality, Freight, Management, Human Resources, Operations);
- Follow up on internal audits relating to the Association of American Railroads (AAR);
- Provide administrative support to the team (Research, data entry, document filing);
- Perform any other task required by the immediate superior.
- Have 3-5 years of experience in similar functions, manufacturing sector;
- French and functional English (oral and written);
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite.
Skills and competences
- Good organizational skills, autonomy, attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Analytical skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communicator.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.