Specializing in the conversion of propulsion systems, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a welder.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan the work to be done;
- Obtain the information and material required to carry out the work;
- Preparing parts or equipment in order to make the welding and assembly;
- Read and interpret welding plans or instructions;
- Use manual or semi-automatic devices;
- Weld the different parts or equipment according to the required processes;
- Check the quality of the cuts and the size of the pieces;
- Complete the production sheets;
- Put away equipment and clean the work area;
- Perform any other task required by Operations.
- Hold a professional study diploma (DEP) in welding;
- Have relevant experience in welding and pass the welding test (done in a vocational training center);
- Be able to read and understand procedures in English.
Skills and competences
- Ability to read blueprints and do basic calculations;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Be flexible about the tasks to be accomplished;
- Have a good physical condition and able to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust and odors;
- Be available to work various shifts (day or evening);
- Be motivated to learn and develop your skills.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.