A growing company, CAD Railway Industries Ltd. (CadRI) is a leading provider of comprehensive refurbishment, technology upgrade and renovation products and services to the North American rail market.
Equipped with a highly skilled workforce, CadRI provides quality products and services, offering rapid turnaround time at competitive prices.
In addition, our unique and diverse business model, combined with our workforce and a strong engineering solution, allows us to develop and implement innovative solutions for our customers.
The production manager will be responsible for all day-to-day production operations of one or more projects. He will determine the strategies to be adopted and put them in place in order to guarantee the reliability of all the operations of the organization. It will aim to ensure and assume the delivery of railway equipment to CadRI customers on time and in accordance with requirements, at the best possible cost, taking care to protect the health and safety of employees while preserving the environment.
The production manager will work closely with all departments as well as with clients of CadRI.
- Plan, direct and control all production activities under the responsibility of the director.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment policies. Promote and ensure the effective implementation of all new company policies.
- Control and adapt the production plan according to established schedules, respect project hours and improve efficiency, reduce costs related to operations.
- Coordinate production activities in collaboration with other departments (project management, purchasing, inventory, engineering, planning, quality and sales).
- Understand and influence performance indicators, develop them as needed and ensure that objectives are met.
- React quickly to correct any discrepancy between the results and the objectives set including the profitability objectives of the company.
- Produce and implement the corrective and preventive action plans required to achieve the objectives.
- Develop and coach the team of supervisors to ensure the sustainability and efficiency of production operations.
- Establish and maintain an effective communication structure within his department.
- Establish and review material, equipment and workforce qualification requirements.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the strategic plan and the annual plan of operations.
- Manage the production activities of the department in connection with the launch of new products, the improvement of production techniques and the development or updating of test procedures.
- Participate actively in the various interdepartmental meetings. Maintain a high standard of quality.
- Other responsibilities and tasks related to the position of production manager.
- Experience of more than 10 years in the management of operations in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in the railway sector (specifically in locomotives - a strong asset);
- Demonstrates leadership and an ability to influence those around him;
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with different members of the organization by generating interest and involvement;
- Ability to manage and resolve emergency situations and make decisions quickly;
- Ability to manage change and be an agent of change;
- Ability to interact in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to intervene with a customer approach while valuing the contribution of external and internal partners;
- Autonomous, highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and projects;
- French / English bilingualism.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to readApply