Specialized in propulsion system conversion, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for motivated, passionate and meticulous people to fill a position of Operations Supervisor.
Roles and responsibilities
- Organize, supervise and supervise the work of the employees of his department, so that they maintain a good level of competence and productivity (approximately 15-20 employees)
- Act as a leader in health and safety management and ensure compliance with related standards
- Evaluate the performance of its employees and take corrective measures if necessary (training, coaching, etc.)
- Identify opportunities and manage improvement plans for your sector
- Perform scheduling and monitoring of production planning according to priorities
- Facilitate kick-off and performance monitoring meetings
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, procedures and production methods
- Validate the availability of materials and equipment in order to optimize performance and the achievement of operational objectives
- Participate in a culture of continuous improvement
- Participate in various committees and meetings;
Manage attendance at work (Validations of hours worked and monitoring of absenteeism (Kronos software)
- Participate in interviews when recruiting new employees
- Document production gaps and develop, implement and monitor action plans intended to correct them
- Manage the operational budget of his sector.
- Have at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment (essential)
- Know one of the following specifics: Assembly, electricity, interior finish, welding, piping (desired)
- Knowledge of the railway industry (an asset)
- Ability to manage and resolve emergency situations and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team and collaborate with different members of the organization
- Be able to read technical plans
- Demonstrate leadership and a good capacity for influence
- Take on the role of a change agent
- Be Autonomous, organized, able to manage several projects at the same time
- Be able to understand and communicate English verbally and in writing given the procedures and English terminology of the railway sector
- Be open to working some evenings.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.