Specializing in the conversion of propulsion systems, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for an industrial painter.
Roles and responsibilities
- Paint wagons and locomotives;
- Identify defects on parts and vehicles;
- Prepare parts and equipment to undertake painting work (cleaning, sanding, masking);
- Condition the paint and compounds to obtain desired color and texture;
- Apply airless paint, conventional, polyurethane, epoxy, and epoxy primer;
- Apply stencils and touch up with a brush or roller;
- Place the parts on the wagon;
- Check the quality of the work;
- Put away equipment and clean the work area.
- Hold a DEP in industrial painting;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in painting;
- Mastery of surface coating application technique (epoxy paint, epoxy and polyurethane primer).
Skills and competences
- Not be allergic to epoxy;
- Be available to work day or evening;
- Have a good physical condition;
- Know the paint ratios;
- Be able to do basic calculations;
- Be flexible about the tasks to be accomplished;
- Knowing how to work in a team and independently;
- Be able to work while standing and lift a load of 18 kilos (40 lbs);
- Ability to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust, odors, enclosed places and at heights;
- Functional use of English, spoken and read.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.