SEND US YOUR RESUME
Specializing in the conversion of propulsion systems, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a mechanical engineer.
The mechanical engineer supports production in order to respond to technical problems encountered during manufacturing. He performs root cause analyzes and finds solutions to meet production needs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Define and create tools and jigs to facilitate the assembly of railway rolling stock parts;
- Support the internal tool store and ensure the correct definition of the tools required to carry out the work;
- From engineering sketches, the person will have to define and validate the engineering methods and concepts used in accordance with the skills, abilities and capacities of the workers;
- Evaluate the capacity of all the manufacturing processes of the different stations or positions;
- Define and validate all engineering sketches to meet manufacturing criteria, assembly, safety and ergonomics;
- Review and correct if necessary the tolerances of the sketches as well as the addition of all tolerances of sub-assemblies and locomotives;
- Research and propose technical solutions according to established standards;
- Provide technical support on request or throughout the process of carrying out the work;
- Check the conformity of the shop drawings. Modify plans following an approved change request;
- Prepare and perform tests. Write reports;
- Organize and participate in technical meetings during which he represents his discipline on projects;
- Perform other related duties.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or any combination of relevant experience and education;
- Have at least 5 years of engineering experience;
- Have significant experience in similar functions;
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Skills and competences
- Good organizational skills (attention to detail and thoroughness);
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities;
- Thoroughness, precision, analytical skills, autonomy and good relationships; interpersonal.
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.