SEND US YOUR RESUME
Specializing in propulsion system conversion, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a locomotive mechanic.
Roles and responsibilities
- Repair, recondition and rebuild diesel engines, water pumps, oil pumps and radiators;
- Install large components such as gearboxes, pumps, motors or hydraulic components;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, installations or components, using manual or mechanical tools;
- Test repaired equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly and that repairs are in accordance with customer requirements;
- Perform other routine maintenance work;
- Maintain accessories and work tools;
- Move and align sub-assemblies and components using lifting and transport equipment, including overhead cranes;
- Check the quality of the work.
- Hold a DEP in industrial mechanics / diesel or DEP heavy vehicle;
- Professional experience with heavy vehicles / Diesel;
- Professional experience on locomotives would be an asset;
- Experience with precision instruments (micrometer, vernier, etc.);
Skills and competences
- Ability to read blueprints and perform basic calculations;
- Manual skills for mechanics;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Be willing to learn and develop skills;
- Be able to read procedures in English;
- Be in good physical condition and be prepared to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust, odors, confined spaces and in heights;
- Be flexible about the tasks to be accomplished;
- Ability to stand up and lift moderately heavy loads;
- Be available to work various shifts (day or evening);
- Have a functional level in English (spoken and read).
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.