Cad Railway Industries has emerged as a leader in the repair and remanufacturing of locomotives.
We have the ability to re-design as well, which enables us to bring older equipment up-to date with the latest technology.
We are currently installing micro-processors, layover heat systems, electronic braking systems and a Head End Power genset on F40 locomotives that were built in the early 1980s. Notable achievements include the following:
• Remanufacturing of VIA Rail’s fleet of EMD F40 locomotives
• Remanufacturing of GO Transit’s EMD F59 locomotives
• Assembly of hybrid locomotives for Railpower
• Prototype of ECO Repower locomotive for EMD
• Electrical and Mechanical modifications of AC4400 distributive power locomotives for GE Transportation